Despite popular legends, there is no cure for the inevitable aging process all humans must go through. However, there are some closely guarded anti-aging methods that can help keep mature individuals feeling and looking their best. Also, a prestigious anti-aging physician near Raleigh offers his best anti-aging strategies to turn-back-the-clock using natural remedies.
Fight Aging by Living an Overall Healthy Lifestyle
Although humans are destined to become older with each passing year on the calendar, there are simple things that they can do to ward off those unwanted aging signs. Also, more individuals are fighting aging by leading a healthier overall lifestyle that decreases their risks for sun exposure effects, sleep deprivation, weight gain, and other typical aging symptoms.
Tips from an NC Anti-Aging Doctor On Middle-Age Weight Gain
Some people are lucky to have a healthy lifestyle and increased metabolic rate that makes it easier for them to keep their weight at the recommended level. Unfortunately, as individuals creep up to and surpass those middle-aged years, they often report significant weight gain even if they haven’t changed their daily routines.
This kind of weight gain is often caused by a hormonal imbalance that is triggered when people age. An anti-aging doctor encourages individuals who are in this situation to seriously consider undergoing effective, safe and fast-acting hormone optimization therapy to remedy this issue.
Some Helpful Healthy Living Actions Everyone Should Do
Learn why these helpful and easy-to-implement healthy living actions may decrease common aging symptoms like daytime or chronic fatigue, issues with weight gain or obesity, development of chronic health conditions and other problems associated with aging.
Theses anti-aging tips include:
- Getting enough rest
- Eating a healthy & nutritious diet
- Engaging in regular exercise
- Avoiding excess alcohol consumption
- Drinking more water & avoiding sugary and/or caffeine beverages
- Avoiding illegal or overuse of drugs
- Limit sun exposure
- Avoidance of smoking
- Keeping regular doctor check-up appointments
- Managing stress
- Taking care of your mental and emotional health
- Avoiding risky behaviors
- Keeping Calm In a Stressed-Out World
Most people tend to lead extremely busy and high-stress lifestyles that can wreck havoc on people’s overall health and well-being. One trusted anti-aging specialist in North Carolina has some advice for keeping calm in an otherwise stressed-out world.
Stress can drain our bodies of any energy stores that we might have built up. What’s more, it doesn’t take long for stress to totally impact health in negative ways. Also, learning better-coping skills and effective stress reduction techniques can go a long way towards protecting someone’s health over time.
Some terrific stress reduction strategies include:
- Eating well
- Prioritizing daily life elements
- Getting the proper amount of sleep each night
- Getting outdoors to let nature health your soul
- Learning yoga and/or meditation or other spiritual pursuits
- Avoiding unhealthy habits like smoking or abusing drugs/alcohol
- Practice mindfulness & taking breaks often during stressful times
- Taking time out for yourself on a regular basis
- Spend time with people you love
- Remove clutter from workplace station or home living environment
- Seek professional mental health guidance if needed
- Seek medical help to lower stress via natural therapies
- Anxiety & Chronic Stress Can Raise Cortisol Levels
Many individuals are completely unaware that some of their commonly experienced anxiety and stress-related symptoms could be a sign of adrenal fatigue or chronic stress as a result of an increase/decrease in cortisol levels in the body. Both high and low cortisol levels can cause adverse symptoms.
Adrenal fatigue and/or high/low cortisol levels can also cause:
- Mood swings
- Mental fog or daytime fatigue
- Hyper-alert state
- Overwhelming exhaustion even after sleep
- Lower libido
- Skin problems – rashes, itching, etc.
- Hair loss
Ongoing cortisol level disruption may be linked to development of serious health conditions like diabetes, thyroid issues, retention of fat with weight gain, problems sleeping and more.
Final Thoughts on Anti-Aging Strategies
It is clear that some of the best anti-aging strategies are also the most simplistic. It is crucial for individuals approaching or past the midlife mark to resolve and take concrete steps to live a healthy lifestyle to prevent or decrease many undesirable and aggravating aging-related symptoms.
Lastly, individuals who are seeking medical help to improve their health and lessen the direct or indirect impacts of aging on their body, mind and spirit should contact Anti Aging & Functional Medicine via https://antiagingraleigh.com.